Visionario, emprendedor, icono, humano, revolucionario, líder. Éstos son unos de los muchos calificativos que se han ido diciendo desde que Steve Jobs falleciera de madrugada de ayer acompañado por su esposa e hijos.
La familia informó de que «Steve murió en paz». Muchas personalidades del mundo de la política, amigos y compañeros ha dedicado palabras de admiración para su amigo fallecido, entre ellos destancan: Barack Obama, Bill Gates y Mark Zuckerberg.
No hay mejor manera de resumir lo que Steve Jobs significó, no solo para la industria del marketing online, si no para el mundo, que con esta carta que envió Tim Cock, actual CEO de Apple, al equipo que conforma Apple Ltd.
I have some very sad news to share with all of you. Steve passed away earlier today.
Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.
We are planning a celebration of Steve’s extraordinary life for Apple employees that will take place soon. If you would like to share your thoughts, memories and condolences in the interim, you can simply email email@example.com.
No words can adequately express our sadness at Steve’s death or our gratitude for the opportunity to work with him. We will honor his memory by dedicating ourselves to continuing the work he loved so much.
Dicho esto, queremos compartir 10 citas que sirven de inspiración para todos nosotros. No se lo pierdan:
1. «Stay hungry, stay foolish».
2. «If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you found it. And like any great relationships, it just get’s better and better, as the years roll on.
3.» We don’t get a chance to do many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life.»
4. «Remenbering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose».
5. «You can’t connect the dots looking foward; you can only connect them looking backwords. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down , and it has made all difference in my life.»
6.«Design it’s not just what it looks like. Design is how it works»
7. «I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepeneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perserverance»
8. «You can’t just ask customers what they want and try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new».
9. «Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma (which is living with the results of other people’s thinking). Don’t let the voice of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important , have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.»
10. «My model for business is the beatles: They were four guys that kept each other’s negative tendencies in check; they balanced each other. And the total was greater than the sum of the parts»